We’ve all been there at one point or another. Someone trips on the edge of the pool, falls while sprinting across the driveway, or gets hit in the face during a sports practice—and suddenly, someone is missing a tooth. When that happens, make sure to call Salisbury Friendly Dentistry as quickly as possible. Our Salisbury NC emergency dentist office is here to help, any time of day or night.
If you are experiencing a dental emergency, call our office immediately.
What Constitutes a Dental Emergency?
We ask that you please be courteous and only contact us in the case of a true dental emergency, so that we can remain on-call for the patients who need it most. Examples of dental emergencies include:
- Abscessed (infected) gums or teeth (will include extreme pain)
- Significant swelling or bleeding following a dental treatment
- Traumatic tooth injury (knocked out, cracked, loose, significantly chipped)
- Temporary dental crown is displaced and painful
- Broken jaw or jaw pain
- Pain so intense that the patient cannot sleep
- Bulging, swelling, or knots in the facial area or gums
- Bumps that resembles pimples, containing thick, whitish-yellow fluid on/around your gums (sign of infection)
If the answer to any of these questions is yes, contact us immediately.
Please note that minor chips and dislodged temporary crowns are typically not considered emergency situations, provided they are not painful.
Remember that under-reporting can be just as bad as over-reporting, if not more so. In many cases, seeing a dentist within 30 minutes or less can mean the difference between saving or losing your tooth. We would much rather you err on the side of caution and call us, than end up losing your tooth because you did not want to bother anyone. This is our profession—it is never bothersome for us to take care of your teeth!