Something many people don’t understand about dentistry is that by the time a patient experiences pain, the problem has probably already progressed significantly. Issues such as cavities take a long time to become truly painful. That means that if you “wait for a problem” to come in for a check-up, you are essentially allowing problems to reach their most damaging, expensive stage!
By scheduling a dental check-up every 6 months, our dentists are able to spot small issues before they develop. This saves the health of your enamel, which is irreplaceable, and keeps your expenses to a minimum. It also keeps you out of the dentist’s chair for invasive procedures—with good oral hygiene and regular checkups, you should never need a root canal or dental implant (barring any accidents.)
Salisbury Family Dentistry is committed to making your check-ups as quick and thorough as possible. Your dental exam will include the following:
- Dental X-Rays: An essential procedure that helps us detect tumors, cysts, tooth decay, and bone loss.
- Oral Cancer Screening: Your dentist will check your face, neck, lips, tongue, throat, tissues, and gums for any signs of oral cancer.
- Gum Disease Evaluation: Your dentist will examine your gums and jawbone for any signs of periodontal disease.
- Examination of Existing Restorations: We will check fillings, crowns, or implants you may have had to ensure they are still performing as expected.
- Professional Dental Cleaning: We will remove the plaque and tartar that you may have difficulty removing at home. Learn more about our dental cleaning services
Our doors are always open to new patients. Call to schedule your checkup and join our dental family!